Opening the doors of your wardrobe you can see all the memories that give life to your cloths. Also you are aware of the money you spent on them. And every time when you decide to toss one of them, a chorus of “What ifs” sings in your head.. Yes, all of us have the same problem. But also when was the last time you were able to close your wardrobe door? Don’t worry, you are not alone. Nor should you be!
You know that you have to clean your wardrobe. So, find an advisor you trust who has the patience to take on the task with you and start the process. It will hurt, but you have to be strong!
Also there are 7 important questions which you have to answer about every one of your clothes.
- Does this fit?
- Have I worn this in the last 12 months?
- Is it likely I will ever wear this again?
- Is this currently in style, and/or does this still accurately represent my style?
- If this is damaged in any way (e.g., piling, rips, stains, missing buttons, broken zippers, fading, etc.), will I actually make the effort to get this repaired in the near future?
- If I was shopping right now, would I buy this?
- And most importantly: Do I feel confident when I wear this?
If you answer a firm “no” to any of these 7 questions, it’s time to say sayonara and decide whether to sell, donate, swap, or toss the item.
And here are all steps which you have to follow if you want to clean your wardrobe easy, fast and effective.
- Start at the Bottom – First, you have to remove everything from the floor. If you have shoes on the floor, good idea is to buy a shoe organizer. But if you do not have place for it you can buy hanging shoe organizer, which will keep all of your shoes in one place. And if there are things like small bags, gloves or belts, on the floor, you can buy some box to separate them.
- Spend 30 minutes a week going through your Wardrobe – Every week you could take 30 minutes to going through your wardrobe. What is the meaning of “going through”? The idea is to put the clothes you wear often in one part of your wardrobe, and the clothes you wear from time to time to put in the other part of your wardrobe. So, once in a week you can put something from one part of the wardrobe to the other. Doing this after a month you will be able to say “Bye!” to some of your clothes which you do not wear.
- Separate your “Fat clothes” and “Thin clothes” – Every one of us has thin and fat clothes in their wardrobes. Just remove them from your wardrobe. Put them into two different boxes or just throw out them.
- When you buy something new, throw out something old – There is no one who like to throw out clothes because first thought on their mind is that they may have nothing to wear. So, just every time when you buy something new just throw out something old which last time you wore it was before an year or more..
- Put the light on – Opening your wardrobe you can’t see anything and you do not want to deal with it? If you have big wardrobe, you need to put light on it. This will make easier for you to clean up and to keep every clothes in order. You can buy a battery operated stick lights or clip lights. Both of them are easy to hang up, so you can make your wardrobe light by yourself.
- Where to hang what – Just place the clothes which you wear often near the front and the clothes you wear from time to time hang towards the back.
- Hang the same type of clothes together – For example, hang two pairs of jeans on one hangars or two dresses, and then put all of the hangers with jeans and trousers together. This will make you find easier your clothes.
- I think I’ll wear that tomorrow – What to do with items which is worn for no long and can be worn again? Your denim shorts are really good example, you wore them to go the shop or just tot drink coffee with your friends. They are not dirty enough to wash them, but also they are not totally clean to put them into your wardrobe. So, a chair is a good place for your in between clothes.
- Match your hangers to your clothes – To use the right hangers is good not only for the order in your wardrobe but also for your clothes. Because they will prevent your clothes to wind up on the floor or to slip off. The easiest way to pick up hangers is to use an online shop.
- When you’re shopping for clothes, try to buy things that will co ordinate – First rule when you buy something new is to decide if you could match it with your current clothes. If you do this you won’t stand in front of your wardrobe thinking about with what to combine this new pink shirt.
Following these steps you will make space in your wardrobe and it will look more well-arranged. Also will be easy for you find what to dress every morning. The whole process does not take so much time but the result will spend you time every day.