Garage and storeroom can be tough places to declutter and get organized. It is often one of the most serious problem areas in a home, in part because it’s not even pretending to be a place where you try to live. It’s a real storage space, so everything with no place in the house gets shoved in there.
Even if your storeroom or garage is well organized, you have to clean it up just to remove dust and to prevent mould growing. Regular cleaning of this type of rooms and the stored materials will prevent erosion of the contents of the room or the damage due to moisture if you do not check for leaking often. But depending on your stored materials, your storeroom may require deep cleaning. One good advise for you is if you store hazardous chemicals in your garage you have to hire professional cleaning company.
Autumn is good time of the year to clean your garage or storeroom. We can clean and organise your storeroom fast and cheap. Our friendly teams work with the best professional cleaners and equipment. They could clean this messy place while you are out with your friends or family, or while you are watching your favourite series in the living room. On our easy web site you will find our price list and if you have any questions on it you can feel free to ask us using the live chat.
But if you want to clean your storeroom by yourself, in this article you will find out how to do it and what you have to by before you start storeroom cleaning. You have to know that the cleaning will take you almost one day.
Let’s get started!
The day before you will start the cleaning you need to be sure that you already have the following cleaners and equipment:
- Household cleaner
- Air freshener
- Face mask
- Plastic gloves
- Empty boxes
Storeroom cleaning instructions:
- Move the stored materials out one by one of your storage room and wipe every one down with an old cloth. The items which are waterproof you can rinse off. Place them somewhere outside of the storeroom till you already finish with the storeroom cleaning.
- While you wipe down the items you can check if there are any unnecessary ones. Storeroom cleaning is the perfect time to remove some of the clutter.
- Check for any webs around the ceiling and for dust on the walls. Remove them by using broom. Sweep the floor of the storage room.
- If you have shelves in your storeroom, use a household cleaner to clean the dust and dirt off them. You can also use it to wipe the walls. Finish off by thoroughly scrubbing with stainless steel pans and soft sponges.
- Mop the floor in the storage room using hot water and soap. Use a scrubbing brush to clean away any particularly tough stains that the mop cannot remove.
- If there is mould in the garage or storeroom and on the stored items you have to get rid it it. Make a solutions of one part bleach and three parts water. Use a sponge soaked in this solution and scrub the mould away of your storeroom and its contents.
- Place everything you have decided to keep neatly on the shelves and group them – i.e. books and magazines, clothing, sport equipment. Loose items can be put into plastic boxes. You may want to mark the boxes and shelves for ease of locating things later.
- Finally, place what you need to use more frequently in front of the storeroom, and other unused items or souvenirs at the back.